The first and most prominent role is leadership over the training and development department. In this position, the Director of Training and Development oversees all activities of employee training programs and identifies both the restaurant and employee developmental needs, ensuring there is consistency with core competencies and goals.
- Exemplifies and promotes the desired culture and philosophies of the organization through training programs
- Responsible for the orientation and onboarding of all new employees ensuring they are well prepared for success throughout the training process
- Prepares and trains current employees for promotions within the restaurant
- Plans, organizes, and leads training programs, ensuring proper execution at all levels of the restaurant.
- Organizes, trains and oversees the employee training team, ensuring that on-the-floor training standards are consistently met. Trainers will be selected by the GM and Director of Training.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the restaurant and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new training programs and initiatives, ensuring that these programs and initiatives are consistent with the restaurant strategies, objectives, and needs.
- Updates and manages content in the Blu Pointe Google classroom for all job positions, including the continuous monitoring of achievements from the dining room teams.
- vConducts follow-up evaluations at standard milestone dates on all completed training programs in order to evaluate and measure employee results.
- Trains and monitors all employee adherences to required company policies such as compliance with federal/state and local policies and mandates relating to safety, health and welfare.
- Participates in management meetings and development of restaurant objectives, operating principles and procedures
Training Management Skills:
People Management, Planning, Foster Teamwork, Self-Motivated, High Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Verbal Communication, Teaching and Leadership
- Up to 3 years of experience in restaurant service
- High school education or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to work varying shifts
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Remain standing for extended periods of time
- Customer Satisfaction oriented
- Disciplined and strict approach to table service
- Able to perform basic computer skills in Microsoft Word and Google Apps